SHAKA PIPE DOUBLE BARREL ORIGINAL - A PROTO PIPE 2.0 FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!
Shaka Pipe Double Barrel Original All-in-One Pipe
The Shaka Pipe Double Barrel Original features TWO stash tubes (2.0" long) for extra stash storage and two bowls for different strains. Each bowl can be used independently or simultaneously. It's evolved from our best-selling Shaka Pipe for those of you who wanted to double the mileage during the journey.
The last picture shows the size comparison between the Double Barrel Original (the one on the left, this listing) and the Double Barrel XL (the one on the right, available in our store). The DB XL is NOT included in this listing.
The Shaka pipes are CNC machined brass pipe with easy open top and bottom covers. Two genuine Starline Brass long rifle cases are machined to cleverly lock onto the head bowl as the stash tube. Use provided hex wrench poker to loosen the bottom cover to clean up the pipe, A custom drawstring canvas pouch is provided. A perfect all-in-one pipe for concert goers, beachcombers, and couch surfers. It makes smoke on the go so convenient.
The improvements of Shaka Pipe from the original Protopipe include
- Bottom tar trap cover no longer needs to be tapped out, a major issue with the original Protopipe where the poker will get bent. Shaka Pipe uses a countersunk screw to secure the trap door and can be easily opened with the provided hex wrench poker;
- Tar trap is much bigger, means less cleaning work. On the original Protopipe, you'll need to clean it every a couple of days, which leads to more chances of bending the precious poker;
- Stash tube locks independently with a hidden retainer clip. Even you lose your poker the stash won't fall out. So many Protopipes are in limbo because of a bent or lost poker. A replacement poker for Shaka Pipe costs only $6.
- Stash tube is made out of long rifle case, more stylish and bigger storage...BIGGER STORAGE!
- Poker is now a hex wrench. It can be used to adjust cover screws. On the original Protopipe, you'd need to find a hex key to adjust the swinging top lid. Many Protopipe users kept a little tool box next to their beloved Proto. Now the hex key is part of the Shaka Pipe.
- Poker wrench end is right angled, which makes it easier to pull out with just fingers. Proto poker is straight. Often times you need to use a plier to pull it. A weatherman tool would come in handy in keeping up with the Protopipe.
- Top cover screw is now flat head screws. Make the whole top cover flush.
- Top cover is locked in with a stopper. Original proto pipe cover will swing left and right. (See the toolbox comments above.)
- Top cover has a perfect rotating friction, thanks to the wave washer underneath. You don't need to adjust the lid screw for the entire lifespan of your pipe.
- A stem cleaner tool was created to push out the tar, the Protopipe uses its poker and it's never long enough, which will take a needle nose plier to pull it out. (See the weatherman tool comments above.)
- The Shaka Pipe comes with a durable canvas pouch with hand illustrated graphics. Optional EVA hardshell pocket case and pipe wallet are also available. This is how I started making Shaka Pipe. I was making leather cases for the Protopipe and wished it had come with one. I also wished it had a flat head screw so it's easier to slide in and out. (See the countersunk screw use above.) It was a very popular gifts among my Protopipe owning friends, until one day the original Protopipe ceased production. Unhappy with the cheap knockoffs and unable to find something comparable, I fired up my Tormach 1100 CNC mill and went to work...
Own one and you'll understand.
Proudly Made in Oahu, Hawai'i.